lunes, 2 de marzo de 2015

BRM 200 Anderlecht



 

I’m sited on a comfortable deep blue old leader armchair on top of a very high mountain, probably the highest as I can’t see any other as high in the landscape, it is amazing! , I breathe easily and I have no symptoms of high altitude sickness, I am so happy to see my only two friends , the sun and the moon , I realize I wear summer clothes , nothing in my pocket , a trumpet nearby , I do not know since when  I am here but I am eternally happy and in peace . I take my trumpet and I start to play a song of hope  , a song of love , as I don’t know anybody I don’t know if I play good or not , so no critics, I like my music anyway . I don’t know for how long I’ll be here in the middle of the thin freezing deathly air but it seems to me as if I’ll be playing the trumpet for ever and I’ll be happy for centuries ahead.

Tara tara tararaaaa, wake up man ......







The same ritual as last Saturday starts, first coffee, then the story of this BRM 200 from Anderlecht to Solre le Chateau in France. A very nice track made by André from Aurore Cyclo Club in St Gilles is waiting, 200km. A nice day, a little windy but no rain.

 








 






The meeting today is at 7:30 in a place called, “ La clef du Cimentière “ in Anderlecht , south of Brussels, I like very much this spot , green , all in peace , quiet people, big open space all around with very high nice trees. Convenient, we can leave Brussels easily towards de Midi channel and avoid trafic , great !!.
I get my BRM card and wait for Antonio to get ready to start at 07:35. Here ,the same people as last ride but with Yves Jan and the two Daniels ; 80 people in total .

 
 
 

  We start in a smooth rhythm, I feel cold in the hands and in the face, - 1·C, Daniel joints us and we start moving the legs faster. At the sides of the channel the green is white now.
 
 
We head south direction in a more or less straight line to France, some easy km are welcome to this cold morning, talk and talk. Soon we reach the first control in Strépy-Bracquuegnies km49. Until now easy. The wind stars to say hello , later in the afternoon  it will say a very long speech and very loud.






We pass Binche , the streets keep still the souvenirs of the carnival and we take the bike path , the Ravel for a long ride , it is always nice to ride these      roads , lot of fun in a save environment now , difficult to find nowadays. The sun is with us but it still does not warm .
 
 

Plenty of nice trees on the way, I like so much the trees here in Belgium, it seems to me that nobody watch them and there are so many and so beautiful , I like trees , I remember in march 2007 planting 140 olive trees with my father in Tosos , now they are almost 4 meter high  a delight.We need trees.
 






 
After Binche we head south again to the Sambre river we cross it towards the bridge which links Erquelines in Belgium and Jeumont in France.
The head wind stars his loud melody and it becomes hard to listen and very hard to tackle with , an enemy this time.
 
 
 

The road now follows both  sides of the river , sometimes right sometimes left , funny thing , until Roussies where some hills awaits us.
Now things change , with the road climbing uphill and the strong south wind , the sun now heats , I go slow now , each one takes his own speed and the group split easily , we will meet again in Solre le Chateau . Time to recover and to eat .
 
 
I arrive to Solre le Chatau at 13:05, second control km101 the others are already there, I feel tired, the strong wind now and the slopes did not help but at least it was sunny and warm; the countryside is very nice and the scenery is plenty of light and colors , the sky blue , I feel the sun heat in my back now. Time now for eating and to drink a local beer in a local bar,  Madame Ninie like always is ready to serve to all of us , a hard work.
I need a beer. I drink a Floreffe , local made,  hoping it gives me strength and power  to my legs  to ride the way back to Brussels.
 
 
After 20 minutes rest a group of 15 people start the way back , the afternoon is bright and warm we head north now to Berelles and the very strong tail wind help us and the cycling  speed is very high now, the group splits . Antonio Bernard and me keep together from now until  Anderlecht.
 

People start to go fast , even uphill ! ; tailwind is the answer.

 
Jan overtakes us, he looks like a rocket !!,he goes really fast and disappears in seconds.

 
 
 
It is easy now and I have time to watch , breath and enjoy the roads and the villages , we are still in Franc e , soon after crossing again the Sambre river we reach Belgium again. Some more km on the Ravel, Erquelinnes, Peissant, Bray. Some trees fight the winter and surely they´ll win and receive the spring with the best dress , the flowers.The sun is back !
 
 
 
 
We cross over the canal  du centre  bridge and soon we arrive to the third control in Thieusies , km 147. A few minutes break, a drink and we continue our trip , it is getting colder and my body feels it , the good thing is that the wind is in our side, less effort to reach  high speed.
 
 
We follow small nice rural roads, Naast, Steenkerke, Rebecq , then Tubize and finally we are again in the Midi  Chanel , 15 km more and we reach Anderlecht at 18:45.
 
 
It has  been a nice day ,no rain ,  hard in the morning , easy in the afternoon, the track has been modified by his author Andre , and to me it has been a great change for the better, very nice track with traffic free stretches  and a good hint of difficulty, crossing rivers, uphill, downhill,  sun, clouds, wind all happiness.
 


I am so happy too because I have repaired the rear mudgard , as it is the second time I wroke , I had two halves so with a nut in the center I´ve joined both old ends and it works !!. Anyway SKS is going to send me a new part.

 
 

I come home, tired ,with red face skin but happy again, the wind is out still singing  loud ,through my window  I see the branches of the linden dancing very fast songs  with it.
Time to cook and to recover.
 

 It is easy to say but we need to search into the other side , just from time to time ,yes ; the other side, it is always there and we ignore it , the moment we deal with both we are saved.

Tonight I need to hear one of my favourite songs from ;
The Bee Gees


"Love You Inside Out"

Baby, I can't figure it out
Your kisses taste like honey
Sweet lies don't gimme no rise
Oh, oh what you're trying to do?

Livin' on your cheatin'
And the pain grows inside me
It's enough to leave me crying in the rain
Love you forever but you're
Driving me insane
And I'm hanging on
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Oh, I'll win, I'll never give in
Our love has got the power
Too many lovers in one lifetime
Ain't good for you
You treat me like a vision in the night
Someone there to stand behind you
When your world ain't working right

I ain't no vision, I am the man
Who loves you inside and out
Backwards and forwards with
My heart hanging out
I love no other way
What am I gonna do if we lose that fire?

Wrap myself up and take me home again
Too many heartaches in one
Lifetime ain't good for me
I figure it's the love that keeps you warm
Let this moment be forever
We won't ever feel the storm

I ain't no vision, I am the man
Who loves you inside and out
Backwards and forwards with
My heart hanging out
I love no other way
What am I gonna do if we lose that fire?

Don't try to tell me it's all over
Can't hear a word I can't hear a line
No man could love you more
And that's what I'm cryin' for
You can't change the way I feel inside

You're the reason for my laughter and my sorrow
Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow
No man on earth can stand
Between my love and I
And no matter how you hurt me
I will love you till I die

I ain't no vision, I am the man
Who loves you inside out
Backwards and forwards with
My heart hanging out
I love no other way
What am I gonna do if we lose that fire?


And now to end this up ; the other side.

 






 

Thanks to everybody  and all he best !.
 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario